Monday, August 20, 2007

Back to cursing the H word...

O still isn't confirmed by temps - have had two 'elevated' temps now, which puts O at CD30 as long as my temp tomorrow is up as well. However... have not had any more fertile CM since CD26... And also haven't done the deed since then, due to my sciatic issues and the plague that R came down with last week (which, side note, I seem to be coming down with now... Yay!)...

I know I should just give up on charting, but I really can't see it happening. When the signs are clearer (which, really, isn't all that often...) it is a really nice tool to at least give me a vague idea of what is going on. If I didn't temp, I'd still probably have a good idea of when I O, but I wouldn't be able to confirm it, kwim?

Still! Even if I didn't O til CD30, that's still fantastic considering my usual record! The only cycle in recent history I've O'd that early is the Vitex cycle I did earlier this year - when I O'd CD33.

Anyway... If you like reading charts, have a click-through to mine and tell me what you think. Could I have O'd on CD26 and just be having a *really* slow rise for those first few days?

The thing I have to keep reminding myself is that I can't compare this cycle to any of my previous ones - because on Metformin, I'm really rewriting the book on what a 'normal' cycle is for me, and that includes pre and post O symptoms and the like. But it sure is tough to remember that all the time!

11 comments:

  1. Man, I hate when charts have to be so damn confusing. Mine are like that too. I can O anywhere from CD17 to CD30. It's all kinds of crazy.

    Keep in mind, I'm no expert but I think CD30 seems the more likely O date. Let's see what happens tomorrow and if you get those crosshairs. Fingers crossed!

    I know what you mean about stopping temping. I can't bring myself to do it because I like knowing what is going on with my body. It gives me a little bit of control that otherwise, I wouldn't have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous20.8.07

    I can't tell by looking at your chart. It is so frustrating when your body doesn't do what you want it to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No grits in Canada!? Oh no :( Well, I would be glad to send you a package. Just email me: dmarie@ureach.com And yes, they are good without the turkey bacon.

    As for your chart, I haven't charted in so long I'd hate to guess. Butttt...I would say the 28th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. charts can suck! i agree though, if you're temp stays up then i say you o'ed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ladies that chart amuse me. Just do "Sperm Meets Egg"... it's a for sure. Charting is just WAY TOO HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I googled the sperm meets egg plan, and my first impression is that it really doesn't seem built for someone that ovulates as late as I do (average CD61 in the last 4 cycles). Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think charting is the way to go until you see a pattern. I can't find the link to your chart but I'd say if your temp stays up for 3 consec days than you owed on that last day of low temps. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about charting... I cannot seem to give it up either. It's like a control thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geez, who woulda thought we'd have to learn all these things? It took me about a year before I could give up temping and charting. Wish the discipline of exercise were as difficult! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah the guessing game...

    met.formin didn't work for me - at least i quit on it before i might have. had major GI upset so my RE put me on something else.

    hope you find the right cocktail that'll make you hatch an egg soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though I hated temping (it stressed me out SO MUCH), it was the one way I could definitely confirm that I had ovulated in any given cycle. Of course, it's much easier to analyze the cycle after it's over, rather than when you're stuck in the middle...

    ReplyDelete