Monday, April 16, 2007

First off, R's SA came back normal in all aspects. He's been calling all of his guy friends that knew he was having it done to brag about his 54 million count. I think he's very relieved. Partly I'm sure it's the male ego thing, and partly he shared my concern about us both having problems. Nothing to worry about on that front!

As for me, still no conclusive answer. CD3 FSH came back normal. 7DPO progesterone came back normal. The first LH and FSH draws were useless, because we didn't miss the surge like we were hoping. So, she suggested doing the ratio again next cycle, but then changed her mind and said she's sending me straight to the OBGYN. She said he's probably going to want to start with Clomid based on the length of my recent cycles, so she told me to think that over and weigh the pros and cons before I go for my first appointment there. I mentioned that I was nervous about side effects but she reminded me that reaction to Clomid is very individual, and said that she barely had so much as a hot flash when she was taking it. We had talked Metformin before, but she mentioned that because of that recent paper that questioned the effectiveness of it and based on conversations she has had with our local OBGYNs about other patients, they all seem to be moving forward with Clomid first.

Anyway, so the referral is in and I should get a call within the next couple of weeks to set up my first appointment. Still no answers, but definite progress!

Oh, and in other news, we got a fish tank today! We're going to cycle it for a week and then see how the levels are before we add fish, but it's looking like we'll have our first pets really soon!

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to set up a fish tank. I think I'm going to work on that too. I had one before and I find it so relaxing to just watch the fishes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Sounds like you're moving forward with treatment, that's got to be good. Great about your husbands results too, as you say it's even more difficult to resolve when there are two factors.
    Try not to worry about the Clomid too much. I'd read loads of horror stories but in reality it was ok. In fact I was quite jolly whilst on it perhaps a little moody after (or was that just an excuse!) Certainly no where near as bad as I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visting. Good luck with the Clomid. Honestly, once you know what your body will do on it, it gets easier to cope. For me it sucks - but I know how it sucks and therefor can compensate.

    My only word of advice, breathe. It is what I do on it.

    ReplyDelete