Friday, July 6, 2007

Some of you may have noticed that I did an override on my chart and put in an ovulation day 2 days ago. Now, when I first started charting, I was totally against the override function, because I figured that FF probably knew better than I did what the heck was going on in my body. Since then, I've learned a lot, and feel like I'm pretty in tune with what's happening at various times throughout my nightma... I mean, cycles.

So that is why, when two nights ago my nipples started to burn and throb and become so sensitive that the mere presence of fabric over top of them was excrutiating (seriously, it was so bad that when I was lying in bed naked trying to avoid letting anything touch them, the breeze from the fan was painful), I could only assume that I had O'd. The *only* time they have hurt like that since I started charting was immediately after ovulation.

Combine that with the fact that I'd had a killer migraine on Tuesday - another good sign, and that my face is currently so oily you could fry an egg on me if I laid out in the sun, and it seemed set in stone!

So, I happily entered O on my chart, and began to envision this cycle finally being over! Yay! Forgot to take my temp yesterday morning, but didn't really care, because I *knew* that I had O'd! My body was telling me so! I went off to work, confident in the knowledge that there was no longer a need to call my OBGYN. AF was on her way soon!

This morning, I woke up, stuck my BBT in my mouth, and waited for the numbers to confirm what I already knew. And there it was, a beautiful 36.28C (97.3F). Wait, WTF? That's certainly no post-O temp!

So, I trudged over to the computer, took out my override, and I'm going to call the doc's office as soon as I get to work. Damn damn damn!!!

2 comments:

  1. Darn! I was hoping you were getting off this boat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohdon'tyouhatethat. i do that to. oh, i know i oed'. and then a low temp!
    ?maybe? it was just a fluke?

    ReplyDelete